What is immortal, the body or the soul? The soul is immortal, not the body, because the body came from dust and to dust it shall return until the end of all time. Therefore, fear not who/what can kill the body, but what can kill the soul through mortal sin, condemning it to eternal death (cf. Mt 10:28).
By decree dated 3/19/2020 and issued by the Holy See, the Apostolic Penitentiary of the Catholic Church has granted the following special indulgences for the present global pandemic situation:
- Plenary indulgence to those with COVID-19 under quarantine, if with detachment from sin they unite themselves virtually in the Holy Mass, the recitation of the Rosary, the Via Crucis, or other forms of devotion; or if, at least, they recite the Creed, the Pater Noster, and a pious invocation to the Blessed Virgin Mary, offering this trial in a spirit of faith in God and in charity towards their brethren, with the intention of fulfilling the usual conditions (sacramental confession, communion, and prayers for the Holy Father) as soon as it is possible;
- Plenary indulgence as per #1 for all healthcare workers, relatives, and others presently taking care of those affected by COVID-19 and at risk of contagion;
- Plenary indulgence, under the same conditions as #1, for all the faithful who, given the present pandemic situation, offer their visit to the Blessed Sacrament or Eucharistic Adoration, or the reading of Scripture for half an hour, or recite the Rosary, or recite the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, to implore Almighty God to end this pandemic, relieve the suffering of those with COVID-19, and the eternal salvation of those who have died;
- Plenary indulgence at the point of death for all the faithful, who are unable to receive the Anointing of the Sick and Last Rites, as long as they are suitably disposed and have been in the habit of reciting some kind of prayer during their life. The usual three conditions are supplied by the Church. It is recommended to use a Cross or Crucifix while asking [God] for this indulgence (Enchiridion indulgentiarium, #12).
This present decree is valid despite any possible contrary dispositions.
There is an easy solution for what is ailing the world today – but it will be rejected as foolish or fantastical by many who lack wisdom. It is simple and it is free.
Turn to God and turn to Michael. Innumerable have been the times when the Father’s wrath was appeased just by the people, whom He loves so frantically, returning to Him with their whole hearts. The Father and Christ forgive. Similarly, countless have been the times the Archangel Michael has intervened throughout history and sheathed his sword of righteousness to save the people from the consequences of their own folly.
Return to the Father Who loves you and created you before it is too late.
The Rev. Richard G. Cannuli, OSA, has passed away on the 2019 feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord.
A bi-ritual Catholic priest and visual arts professor at Villanova University, who studied under the Russian master iconographer Vladislav Andrejev, Cannuli had in 2011-2012 been given the grace by the Heavenly Father to write His icon of The Divine Heart Encompassing All Hearts. He was a part of the Apostolate of the Divine Heart almost from its beginning.
In love with God the Father and Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit, God at last granted Fr. Cannuli, aged 72 years, the greatest, deepest and incessant desire of his heart: to see Him as He is [cf. 1 Jn 3:2] and this precisely on the feast day of the Savior’s Transfiguration.
Let us be loud and clear:
Jesus answered: He it is to whom I shall reach bread dipped. And when he had dipped the bread, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. And after the morsel, Satan entered into him (Jn 13:26-27).
[Christ]: Holy Father, keep them in Your name, whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are one. While I was with them, I kept them in Your name. Those You gave me, I have kept and none of them is lost, but him who was destined to be lost, that Scripture may be fulfilled (Jn 17:11-12).
Judas Iscariot, the spiritual son of his ‘father,’ Satan – the betrayer of Christ, just as Satan was the original betrayer of the Almighty Father – is in Hell for eternity. Not because the Father and the Son did not continually present him with Their mercy, but because Judas wilfully rejected this until his last dying breath. Even though Our Lady also tried to save him with her prayers.
Judas betrayed Christ, but what led to his eternal damnation was pride, the same original sin of Satan. Judas thought he ‘knew it all.’ He was too proud to humble himself and accept the mercy of Him who did not come to be an earthly king, or to accept the help of the Woman.
Anyone who claims, or attempts to claim, otherwise either has insufficient knowledge of the Faith or is a wolf of the revisionist kind.
Judas Iscariot is in Hell. Together with Martin Luther and Adolf Hitler.
There is no “Mother God;” only Father God – God the Almighty Father. There is no ‘mother earth’ either. Let us eliminate the confusion once and for all.
For those who keep saying ‘mother god’, here are some posts that illustrate clearly the nature and Persons of the Trinity, especially the Heavenly Father:
- God the First Person is Father not mother – 1
- God the First Person is Father not mother – 2
- God the First Person is Father not mother – 3
- God the First Person is Father not mother – 4
- We do not know God the First Person unless we confess Him as Father
- The reference point for God’s existence is His Fatherhood not His essence – 1
- The reference point for God’s existence is His Fatherhood not His essence – 2
- The reference point for God’s existence is His Fatherhood not His essence – 3
Here is the answer to this question provided by Saint Augustine:
Delight in Him from whom you have received everything that delights you. In that I do not include sin, for sin is the one thing that you do not receive from Him. With that one exception, everything you have comes from Him.
To the Pachamama-believers / wannabes / revisionists:
Everything you have comes from God. Not from ‘Mother Earth.’ You are deeply insulting the Father and Creator of all – the Heavenly Father – by claiming that Pachamama gives you providence.
They have no knowledge those who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save. There is no other god besides Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is no one besides Me (Is 45: 20-21).
Pachamama is neither “neutral” nor “inculturation.” It is the sacrificial goddess of Machu Picchu, the new female version of the ever-ancient Ba’al.
If you venerate or worship Pachamama, especially with the ‘prayer’ shown to the left, you are committing idolatry and violating the First Commandment.
Pachamama is a material object that cannot fulfill any requests made to it. Only the One, True God can answer your prayers; the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Nothing else can, no matter how much you try.
There is one Mother: the Virgin Mary, Mother of God. The Queen of heaven and earth by God’s explicit will. She is second only to the Holy Trinity.
The earth is not “a mother” and can never be a mother, no matter how much it sustains us. It does not and cannot “have a feminine face,” because the earth is a material object, not a person.
That is reality.
There is one Creator: God the Father. Him, we worship and adore, with every fiber of our being, through His Son, Jesus Christ, in the Holy Spirit. No one else do we give absolute worship; only the Most Holy Trinity.
We give relative worship to the icons of God and His saints. No one else do we give this kind of worship.
The earth, created and given to us by God to live on and sustain us, is not God. It is not even a god. It deserves care. Being a material object, not a Divine Person, it has no entitlement to relative worship or absolute worship.
To loudly and proudly proclaim that, in 25 years, you have never baptized an indigenous person who is formally unbaptized, and would not do so if asked, is to loudly and proudly proclaim that (1) you believe such souls belong to you (they do not) and (2) you believe none of them deserve to have restored within them the likeness of God (who are you to judge?).
True cultural and colonial oppression.
The following words of Christ, the Lord, apply:
You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to (Mt 23:13).
Saint Michael the Archangel: Leo XIII and Consecration Prayers to the Great Defender contains within it Pope Leo XIII’s prayer to the Archangel Michael as originally released in the Raccolta (1930) by Benzinger Bros., with the approved (1902) supplement. Included in the book is also the English translation of the long-form consecration prayer to Saint Michael as said at the Celestial Basilica of Monte Gargano, Italy.