Why are you so afraid, O you of little faith? (Mt 8:26).
Many in the Church these days, in particular traditional and traditionalist Catholics, as well as Evangelical Christians, predominantly located in America and in the Anglo-Saxon world, believe that we are fast approaching the time of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. They speak, both in content and in tone, as though the end of the world is nigh. However, these Catholics and Christians are mistaken in both their ‘predictions’ and beliefs, not to mention their desires.
This is not the time of the Second Coming; the exact time and day of which is not even known to Christ, but to the Father alone. It is the time of the Third Passover, the crossing over from the era of sin and disorder into the era of holiness, peace, and order; the era of joy on earth, the Reign of the Divine Will.
A few indicators below once again, therefore, for the more skeptical, from the timeline of salvation history, to dispel the confusion that continues to be present on this issue.
Before the Second Coming:
- There will be the unification of Judaism and Christianity under the banner of Christ the Messiah. This has not yet happened;
- There will be the era of peace that is mentioned in the Book of Revelation. This has not yet happened;
- There will be the illumination of all consciences, also mentioned in the Book of Revelation. This has not yet happened;
- There will be the reunification of all the Christian churches and ecclesial communities in accordance with Christ’s prayer to the Father, “May they be one as We are One.” This has not yet happened;
- There will be a worldwide evangelization and rise of Christianity as has never been witnessed before, and in comparison to which previous evangelizations will pale. This has not yet happened;
- There will be the coming of the AntiChrist himself (not antichrists) and the global persecution of Christians. This will happen after #1 through #5 above, none of which have so far happened.
Several point to the current period of generalized (and increasing) apostasy from the Faith as the indicator that the Second Coming is near. Again, however, these people are missing one simple fact: Two periods of generalized apostasy will take place before the Second Coming, not one. The first period is happening now. The second period will not happen before #1 through #5 above have occurred and been completed in time.
Thus, the conflation of the first period of apostasy with the second period is an outright error and a gross misunderstanding of the location of our present time in salvation history. It is a misunderstanding born of fear (which always originates with Satan), not of faith (which always originates with God). An error born of vincible or invincible ignorance.
Further, the coming of the Kingdom “on earth as it is in heaven” (#2 above; the era of peace) has not yet occurred. This coming refers not to the (visible) Second Coming of Christ in glory, but to the (invisible) coming of the Kingdom within the heart of the soul (the nous) of man. It is the period of the intermediate coming that is (1) the commencement of deification, (2) the reign of the Father on earth, with everyone being able to hear Him and know that He is, indeed, their Father; (3) the temporary chaining of Satan and his demons by the Archangel Michael for a period of time, so that peace can truly reign on earth; (4) the Eucharistic reign whereby Adoration will once again become central to the prayer life of humankind and of the Church in every single part of the world, (5) the reign of the Holy Spirit and the consequent onset of the Second Pentecost, which will parallel the First Pentecost in terms of the stupefying and visible miracles that will occur; and (6) the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. This is all still the era of Divine Mercy.
What humanity is going through right now is the period of the Third Passover, which is the necessary period of purification before illumination occurs, so that deification can commence.